Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter 2013

Saturday we were assigned to clean the church. It was also the day of the Easter egg hunt at a local park. By the time we finished mopping and dusting and cleaning glass it was almost time for the egg hunt to start. I really wanted to take the kids so we dropped Jared off at home so he could sleep and we headed off. I knew it was going to be crazy. I was completely prepared for crazy. What I wasn't prepared for was to go offroading to find a parking spot. My van probably could've handled it, but I wasn't willing to risk it. So instead I bribed the kids with cheese burgers and we went home and had our own egg hunt. Thanks to Great Grandpa and Grandma Carter and their surprise Easter package we had some super cute eggs to add to our hunt. I wish I had gotten pictures of them They were shaped like ladybugs and little frogs...so cute!

While Jared corralled the kids I hid 76 eggs all over the yard and then we set the crazies free to do their thing. I couldn't believe how stinkin cute Allie was! Once she realized there were eggs hidden in the yard she was a crazy person running around,  squealing and yelling and doing her growl thing she does. It was too funny! After they were done they immediately sat down to count how many they had and being a homeschooling mom I totally used it as an opportunity to get some real life math application out of it. I"m a nerd that's why this homeschool thing has appealed to me so much :) Anywho enjoy the Mellie/Katie/Allie cuteness!

 
 
 
 



Since we don't have church until 1 and I usually try to nap Allie at 11 before we go we had to wait until 4 to get pictures. I think this was a big reason why it wasn't the most successful venture. 

Attempt #1  Everyone is in the picture and facing the camera. Unfortunately Allie's cheese face isn't the greatest and Melody pretty much looks like she wants to kill something.
 
 Attempt #2 Everyone is still in the picture (thanks to some jelly beans) and one of them is even smiling. Getting closer.
 
Attempt #3  The jelly bean bribery stops working and Allie is starting to revolt

 Attempt #4 And Allie's gone! Katie and Mellie look pretty cute though :)

 Attempt #5 Now Katie's bailed too. Lets all admire sweet Melody who held out until the end!

No comments: