Every night before we put Mellie to bed we have to read a story. For a while it was the 'purr book' that Grandma Carter bought for her. We got to the point that we could stop reading at certain parts and she could fill in whole phrases. Then we went to the book store a few weeks ago and she wanted to pick a new book. I tried to get her to pick one about potty training or about families or something nice and sweet and little girlish. However, Melody found a book called 'Dog Breath' and insisted that was the one she wanted. I went as far as taking it away and hiding it behind other books to try and convince her to get another one, but she was relentless. So we purchased 'Dog Breath' and I am now forced to read a book about Hally Tosis the dog with stinky breath every day! Luckily we have a deal, I only read the story once, but then she can read it as many times as she wants to her elmo. I went in one night to check on her before I went to bed and this is how I found her. Oh well at least she's showing an interest in books even if they are 'stinky' hehe!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Our Little Book Worm!
Every night before we put Mellie to bed we have to read a story. For a while it was the 'purr book' that Grandma Carter bought for her. We got to the point that we could stop reading at certain parts and she could fill in whole phrases. Then we went to the book store a few weeks ago and she wanted to pick a new book. I tried to get her to pick one about potty training or about families or something nice and sweet and little girlish. However, Melody found a book called 'Dog Breath' and insisted that was the one she wanted. I went as far as taking it away and hiding it behind other books to try and convince her to get another one, but she was relentless. So we purchased 'Dog Breath' and I am now forced to read a book about Hally Tosis the dog with stinky breath every day! Luckily we have a deal, I only read the story once, but then she can read it as many times as she wants to her elmo. I went in one night to check on her before I went to bed and this is how I found her. Oh well at least she's showing an interest in books even if they are 'stinky' hehe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment