The drive down was kinda crazy to start out just because I haven't ever driven that far into Dallas before. Imagine Salt Lake times 10 with about 12 more free ways! It was harrowing to say the least! I think the crowning moment, though, was right after the bumper to bumper traffic started Melody announced that she was going to throw up. In my car I have bags on hand for such occasions, not to mention extra clothes, but we were in a rental so no bags and no extra clothes. Thankfully we managed to make it there with no problems.
*warning* picture overload! I got too many good ones to leave any out!
I love this face. She's very intent on riding that lizard! She kept yelling 'ye-haw!'
There were statues of all different animals all over the park. I think that was one of my kids favorite parts. They love to climb anything and everything.
There was a bird down there in the corner and Daniel and Katie were determined to get it!
They were trying to figure out where the bird was hiding. Daniel was really good at finding them.
These two play so well together. He's the little brother of one of Melody's friends from preschool.
When we finished lunch we went to the play area so the kids could run off some of their energy. I had no idea they had this cool little wading stream or I would've definitely brought extra clothes! The concept of wading is lost on my kids. I took off their shoes and socks, rolled up their jeans and sent them in. They jumped in and promptly laid down in the water. *sigh* At that point I just decided I'd let them play for a while and then call it a day. I have to say it was a great way to end the day! The kids had a blast!
This is Melody's friend Shannon. Her mom's one of the people that has been so great in toting Melody to and from preschool.
I wish I had zoomed in closer, he was sticking his whole face in the waterfall and drinking it!
This is her friend Bryson. He was so funny, he kept climbing up on top of that rock and jumping off to the side. His mom was having heart failure every time he did it!
Poor thing. Her pants were practically falling off by the time we left!
4 comments:
that all looks like super fun... I'm jealous haha. we have to come visit so we can go to all these fun places!
Looks like so much fun! I wanted to take the kids to the zoo last year but we never made it. Hopefully this year....maybe.. :)
Aw, I can't wait to visit the zoo this year! Looks like a blast. Your girls are total cuties!
So cute!! In about a year or two Katie and Daniel can be preschool friends!
Post a Comment