So here's a quick recap of this month, you'll have to excuse the randomness, I really don't want to do multiple posts. I swear I'll do better next month!
To start off Melody got her hair cut! They cut 6 inches off! Can you believe that? It had grown so much! I just love it short, it just seems to match her personality. She also graduated from her car seat to a booster. Makes getting in and out of the car so much easier!
Melody finally conquered the art of puzzles! She has tried to do this puzzle several times, but if she can't do it by herself the first time she gets mad. So after about a month of trying and much help from mom she FINALLY put together her very first puzzle!
We've done a TON of sewing this month! I usually wait until Katie is napping to pull out the sewing, she has a knack for causing large amounts of chaos. (Once she managed to dump my entire tin of pins! That was a fun one to clean up!) I throw all my scrap pieces into a basket and while I'm sewing Mellie keeps herself busy 'sewing' her own projects. She cuts and glues and piles and occasionally brings me something to iron. This little project was a book for Alexis and Sophie to read. lol! The only thing better than crafting is knowing your bringing your daughter to the dark side with you! :)
I threw together this cute skirt one night after I made some shorts for Katie. I had cut off the legs of some jeans that had a huge hole in the knee and couldn't throw the left over away, look at all those yummy ruffles on the bottom! You just don't throw away ruffles like that! So after some measuring I figured it would be just the right size for a skirt for Mellie. Unpick a few seams, sew a few more, add a knit waist band, a few appliques to cover the ketchup stains and WAHLAH! Super cute skirt for Mellie! It's a little shorter than I like so I made some leggings to go under it out of the same fabric as the waistband. Jared is obviously as unhelpful of a model as my children!
We spend a lot of time at Walmart and Target, enough that Katie knows to make herself at home because she knows she's gonna be there a while! Lol! Eventually she pulled the towels out and was using them for a blanket while she pretended to eat lunch off of the plates. She was so cozy looking that Melody asked if she could get in too. That pretty much never happens!
We spend almost as much time at the park as we do shopping. If the weathers nice enough I break out the jogging stroller and get in a work out on the way to the park. I've managed to find a long way there that is about 2-4 miles depending on which park we go to, so I get in a pretty good run. Then while I stretch and do strength training stuff the kids play. It all works out quiet nicely. However in about a month we'll have to be out the door by 7 every morning or it will be too hot to go! Melody is digging in the only dirt to be found in our park. I remember playing in the sandbox all the time, but apparently they don't have those any more!
And finally an example of how Katie whiles away her time in the car. I thought this would be a good note to end on!








2 comments:
You are so crafty. That skirt is really cute, so is the haircut! Boston still has 7 more pounds to go to be out of his carseat-I'm thinking of upping his fat intake so it can happen soon! I, too,am dreading the hot weather-we must play outside while we can enjoy it!
The shower curtain is way cute! I think it would be really cute with some flowers. You could use some green ribbon for stems and ruffle some green ribbon for leaves! You are so creative!
Post a Comment