Sunday, June 6, 2010

I heart bargains!

I'm afraid my husbands cheapness thriftiness is starting to rub off on me. I was raised in a way that you don't pay for something you can make, and if you do pay for it you always find the best deal. Unfortunately I find myself turning up my nose at $5 clearance shirts at Wal-Mart because that's too much! lol! I guess it can be good though since my kids go through clothes in way that I can't even begin to describe. First they have to change three to four times a day either because they want to wear something new or because they've gotten dirty beyond recognition. Then there's the stains. I kid you not, I need to buy stock in oxyclean for as often as I buy it. At any rate, with the recent stifling weather I assessed my kids summer clothes needs and was a little shocked. How is it earthly possibly for children to grow SO much SO fast? Katie's not even 3 and she's well into a 3T she and Melody would wear the same size if Mellie didn't have legs that are half a mile long! The kid looks indecent in regular length shorts! Let's just say she's getting accustomed to Bermuda shorts.

Due to this recent discovery  I talked Jared into taking us to Grapevine Mills outlet mall last weekend. On a Saturday. With the kids. Can we say dad of the year award? He hates shopping, but he still went with us! They had a really big sale going on at Children's Place and I wanted to stock up. I can make shorts, I can make dresses, I can even make leggings, but I can not make t-shirts or shoes, so we went a hunting. Before we even made it to Children's Place we came across Old Navy with the holy grail of sale signs. 50% off all clearance! WHAT!! I almost fainted, but I recovered quickly enough to drag everyone in before Jared could object. He likes to go to a store with a purpose in mind and he doesn't stray from that purpose, I think it's a man thing! I can't even begin to describe to you the goodies I found in that store. Pants for me, shirts for them, flip flops for them. I even found shorts for Jared, but he wouldn't buy them. He has this thing about buying stuff for himself that's not electronic. He deems it a waste of money or something like that, again with that man thing!

Unfortunately for me this was about the time that Melody had decided that she had had enough with the shopping and was ready to go. After much yelling and crying and gnashing of teeth I convinced her to go to one more store with me. I HAD to make it to Children's Place! We finally got there (this mall is HUGE) and I had to speed through as the gnashing of teeth was still going on. Jared was a trooper and walked around with the kids while I stocked up. All I can say is it's a good thing I didn't have an endless supply of money to spend since there's nothing I like more than spending it on cute-ing my kids up!  Having girls is so much fun!

By the time we got out of there we had spent over 4 hours in that mall! I think that may be some kind of record for Jared. When we got home Melody was suddenly very excited about all her new clothes (can we say monster child?) and insisted on trying everything on. Katie followed suit. After trying everything on Melody declared that her favorite outfit was the peach and white striped polo with the purple and green madra shorts! Style WiN!

When you come out the other side with a sleepy eyed baby that's this cute it all kinda seems worth it lol!

No comments: