Sunday, October 10, 2010

State Fair

I have hounded Jared since we moved here to take us to the fair, and I was pretty excited when he took Friday off just so we could go. I was SO excited! I always loved the state fair as a kid, but this fair was not what I was expecting! It was pretty much over-commercialized lameness. I think this year will be our last year! The kids had a good time for the most part, and we got a lot of really good pictures! I think the highlight was the petting zoo. They had a lot of really weird animals there considering it was a fair not a zoo. I asked Melody what her favorite one was thinking she would say the giraffe or the ostrich or something crazy, but no...it was the cow! lol!

She pretty much had her nose plugged the entire time we were watching the dog show. It was really fun and the kids loved it, Katie just couldn't handle the smell! lol!


We bought a cup of feed when we came in and the kids fed all of it to the goats the first 2 minutes we were there.






Isn't he one sexy super dad!

This picture cracked me up! It totally shows Katie's personality. I always swore I would never have a little girl that thought she was a princess, but when the shoe fits its better to wear it than fight it! At least she's cute while she's being so regal lol!


I couldn't figure out what this animal was, it looked like an overgrown poodle! Apparently it's an alpaca. Poor animal.

These poor sheep, I felt so bad for them! They have these 4 gigantic horns growing out of there heads and this thin little food trough. They kept getting their horns stuck in the fence while they tried to get food.


Jared started filming this ostrich because it was pecking at this lady and was being really funny. I guess he could see what was coming!

No matter how rotten they are, they are most definitely the cutest girls in the entire world!


They had a butterfly release at the arboretum, which is on the fair grounds, and there were butterflies everywhere! Jared got really great pictures. I think I may blow a few of them up and hang them in my craft room!






I can not even begin to tell you about the fried food! They fry EVERYTHING!! Only in America would we take the most unhealthy foods and figure out a way to make them even more unhealthy! They also had fried guacamole, fried Twinkies. fried Texas caviar(which I later found out was just black eye peas), and on and on. It was crazy! Jared really wanted to try the fried Frito pie until we got there and the smell of the oil was so strong that suddenly it didn't sound as appealing.


We only let the kids ride one ride since it was technically $5 per person! They had you buy tickets when you came in and everything was so expensive! We had planned on spending money, but not that much! Jared was trying really hard, but I could see the vein pulsing in his head.


Right before we left we stopped to see Farmer Mike the pumpkin carver. He was working on another one, but I couldn't get a good angle. It was pretty cool watching him work. The kids weren't as impressed lol!

No comments: