Friday, June 17, 2011

A day at the beach


We spent the day at Lewisville Lake with some friends and we had SO MUCH FUN!! One of the things I miss most about Utah is going to Pineview with the family, so I was super excited when I found out about this little beach. We have two lakes close to us, but I couldn't find a place that we could just go play without worrying about the boats, and jet skis and what not. The best part? It's only about 15 minutes away! I must warn you this post is slightly overloaded with pictures. The kids (Jared included) were having so much fun I wanted to catch everything I could.


Jared got them started right away at creating things with the sand. He dug a hole and added some walls and they spent the next twenty minutes trying to fill it. It gave the adults a chance to hang out in the water without worrying to much about a child drowning.










It didn't take long to get them all in the water dog piling on Jared! What is it about dad's that just screams 'please jump on me!'












They kept smearing dirt all over each other, then they'd run in the water and wash off, then come back and start all over again! They were SO dirty!


Aren't these two the cutest? Every time Caryn or I take them out together people ask if they're twins. Katelynn and Collyn even sound like twin names, weird right?


These two are the cutest boys! Anytime we go anywhere the girls want to know if Cadyn and Collyn are coming to.





Total Baywatch shot! Love it!


Melody got really brave and wanted to jump off daddy's shoulders. We've been trying to get her to do this since March. It always takes a few months for her to remember that it's fun!



Notice how everyone is watching her. She pretty much loves being the center of attention.


Papa Meakin bought this cabana for Melody's first birthday and it's definitely getting some good use! Katie kept sneaking up there to sneak snacks while the rest of us played.


It took a while, but even Matthew wanted to trying jumping. He had a great time being tossed around by Jared. I think Jared would do better with a boy than he gives himself credit for.





I had to cut out the cutest part, I just love their little bum tan lines! It took some convincing to get Melody to even let us take this picture because she's so modest. I guess I should just be grateful that something I'm teaching her is getting in there!



1 comment:

Lexi said...

that looks like a blast!
i love that cabana thing, i'll have to look for one.
wish we coulda been there