Sunday, June 26, 2011

Miss Melody is 5!!

Can you even believe that? FIVE?! I had heard the more kids you have the faster it goes, but I didn't believe it. Silly me! As much as I miss having her cute baby-ness around I have to say I'm really enjoying this beautiful, inquisitive little girl she's turning into. Sometimes the insights she has stop me in my tracks. In moments like those I realize that I needed her just as much as she needed me. She teaches me something every single day. Even if it's just added patience, she's still teaching me :)

Right now her big thing is animals. Every time we go to the library Katie wants a book about princesses and Melody goes straight to the non fiction section to find something new about some creature. This last time it was snakes and spiders. She's already let me know that next time it will be hyenas and lions. The best part of this is after we've read the books a few times she remembers EVERYTHING she learned in them. She drew an ant the other day with the three sections and six legs, then she told me what the three different sections were called! Just tonight she was educating me on how different spiders catch their food. She's like this little sponge and I am having SO much fun just filling her up!

Since life is still a little crazy, and we're still pretty much broke, from moving, we didn't get to do too much for her birthday. Jared and I made some decorations the night before and hung everything up. When the girls woke up they were practically giddy! Melody immediately wanted to know where her presents were lol! We didn't get any pictures because the kids were all pretty much going insane! Including the one currently residing in my tummy! We decided it would be best to just get through the night.

After the kids were in bed I managed to take a few pictures of the decorations Jared and I made. Jared wasn't overly excited about helping, but I think he did great anyway.  He made the flowers while I cut out and sewed the circles and stars. I love how they turned out, but wish I had spaced them out a little more. I think I may make a few more star garlands this week in red, white and blue.




Today she was super excited for church because she knew they would be singing to her. Not only that, but Jared plays the piano in primary so he was there to sing with them! The primary presidency gave her a little bag with her very own Book of Mormon. I think that excited her more than any of her other gifts! Tonight when we were reading scriptures she wanted to follow along in her scriptures. Then when she went to bed she asked if she could read them until she was ready to go to sleep. I absolutely LOVE how excited she is about this. I guess it shows that even at five they can grasp how special scriptures are.

No comments: