*I wrote this several weeks ago and for whatever reason never got it posted.*
I thought I would update everyone on how our little family is getting along down here in North Texas since we don't get to talk to very many of you too often.
Allie is officially three weeks old and weighing in at 9 pounds. She's been having problems with gas so we're cutting back my dairy intake to see if that helps her. I'm really hoping we don't have to stop nursing like we did with Katie. As much as it hurts I was really looking forward to nursing this time around! She's starting to be awake a lot more and the girls are loving it! They'll sit and talk to her and make silly faces and noises. She looks right at them and even smiles from time to time. I knew they would be good sisters, but I'm really impressed with how well they're doing.
Yesterday Melody had a proud big sister moment. We usually leave the house around 7:15 to take Jared to the train, after we drop him off we head to Mellie's school. By the time we get in the long, slow line at the school Allie is done being in her car seat. Every morning Melody tries something different to help calm her down and it never seems to work. Needless to say it's really been frustrating for her that she can't help Allie. Then yesterday I suggested she put her hands on the sides of her face and stroke her cheeks. Instantly Allie stopped crying! Melody just beamed she was so excited. She started whisper-yelling 'Mom I did it! I helped Allie stop crying!!' Then she proceeded to teach Katie exactly how to do it so she could help her after Melody was dropped off. Then later when we took Allie in for her three week check they had to do the second pku. Katie held her hand and talked to her. Then she sang her songs and patted her head. She was very concerned that Allie was so upset. It's very sweet watching Katie grow now that she has someone to take care of. Everywhere we go she tells at least one person that she's a big sister now lol!
I'm slowly getting back into a routine. Jared's done a lot to help the adjustment go smoothly. I love comparing where we are now to where we were when we brought Melody home. Just seeing how far we've come as parents and a couple is wonderful! I ventured out for the first time on my own on Thursday to do some grocery shopping. I had three stores I needed to go to. I got to one. And half way through that one I wanted to lay down! I can't believe how tired I am. The things you manage to forget :) Unfortunately I actually needed to go to those other two stores, so when Jared got home he put the kids to bed and ventured out to finish it up. I'm a lucky girl to have such a wonderful little family!
No comments:
Post a Comment