Sunday, November 6, 2011

What a busy week!

Holy cow I had no idea you could cram so many activities into one week! Especially with three little ones in tow. Jared took a billion pictures so I'm going to break up the posts a bit. Don't want to overwhelm you with our family awesomeness :)

One of the things the kids really wanted to do with Grandma, Grandpa and Taylor was the zoo. We had a ton of fun. Melody was pretty much attached to Papa's side the entire time!




Getting a closer look at the giant turtles in the tank just outside the restaurant.


Katie making her typical silly faces!



Melody has been completely fascinated with all things creepy crawly lately so this exhibit was by far her favorite. She kept asking which ones were poisonous, and what each one did to protect itself.

Notice the GIANT cockroaches in the tank. I think Katie's expression was appropriate!


They had a snake out for the kids to touch and look at. Melody was super excited ...Grandpa not so much :)




The next few are inside the bird house where they had cockatiels and parakeets flying around. You could buy sticks covered in bird seed to feed them with. I think everyone enjoyed this exhibit!



She was very proud that she managed to get the bird onto her stick...


until they started fighting! lol!



This very friendly bird you see here on my dad's head made the rounds to each of us. He knew how to get to the food first!



Notice how Allie's head is covered by the wrap. I was afraid one of the birds would either try to land on her or poop on her!


Poor little Melody was trying to look at an animal and didn't notice the railing that was right at her level. She bounced right off! It took her a few minutes to calm down. Thankfully it didn't bruise! I'm such a mean mom laughing at her pain, but it was really funny! Not two seconds after she did this, Katie did the same thing only with the top of her head instead of her forehead.




These two pictures really show the personality of my girls right now. Jared was annoyed that he couldn't get Katie to smile, but I think that face shows just who she is at three! A little monster :)



Melody convinced Papa to skip with her. He doesn't hold back!


Can you tell how adept we are at reading a map? lol


Yeah I didn't buy those...Papa did!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy all of you guys are having a great time and the girls are getting to know for your family even more! we cant wait to come and see you guys and be our turn :D we are counting the days now.

Anonymous said...

by the way thank you so much for the photos... please post more :D

Lexi said...

I LOVE that Jared was babywearing :D And I'm so happy you got to spend some time with your family! Hopefully that helped give your mood a lift. :)

As always, love all of the pictures. You guys are adorable.

Mrs N said...

Your kids make the most hilarious expressions!...and then I saw that second to last picture and realized that your kiddos are trained by their mama! ha ha