We have a sweet lady in our ward who used to teach music. She's retired now and once a week she offers a fun little mommy and me singing time. It's worked out that the last two weeks Katie, Allie and I have been the only ones there. That first day it was just us I felt kind of bad, but half way through I was overwhelmed with gratitude. Katie has really been struggling lately with Melody starting school and Allie joining our family, I think she's still tying to figure out where she fits. Sometimes she's the little sister, sometimes she's expected to be big. It's all been very confusing for her. Miss Beverly gave her just what she's been needing, a grandma. It's kind of sad that my kids have five grandmas and five grandpas but rarely get to see any of them. My dear little Katie has just needed a grandmas love and attention lately. Someone who will listen and play and read and whisper and sing and teach and isn't mom or dad. Miss Beverly wanted to share her love for singing with the little ones and through doing that has managed to lift up my little girl and give her exactly what she needed.
I'm so very grateful for loving individuals that are so willing to give of their time, their talents and their love. How can you use your talents to bless someone's life today?
2 comments:
oh I'm so glad for little Kaite :)
You should post this on the Relief Society Blog. Katie is adorable...and so is Sister F.
Post a Comment