Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Allie's little world

I can't believe how fast Allie is growing up! I feels like we only had a day in the infant stage and now she's crawling and trying to walk! The layout of this house is actually perfect for an infant. The bedrooms are all on the far side down the hall so doesn't try to go down there very often. Then I can gate off the kitchen and the school room, which leaves her plenty of space to play in the living room and the play room. This play room is exactly what I've wanted since having kids. It's right next to the living room so the kids can still see us (and we can monitor the damage) and it has giant windows and a door leading out to the backyard. Allie spends a lot of time in there just crawling around, going from toy to toy. Then she'll go to the window and pull herself up so she can watch all the critters outside. It's so nice to have such a big space where I can feel safe just leaving her to play. She's pretty much mastered crawling, and has started pulling herself to standing. She's even dared a few steps lately, while firmly holding on to something of course. I'm willing to bet that by the time we come to Utah in July she'll be walking. Which should make for a very interesting trip lol!







When it comes to eating Allie has yet to meet a food that she didn't like. I went to great effort to make her several kinds of homemade baby food and the little stink pretty much skipped that stage all together! I think we did baby food for maybe a month and she was ready to move on. I gave her a cheerio one day just to see what would happen and she chomped it up, swallowed it, and immediately demanded more :) So i gave up on the baby food and just started cutting up what ever we were eating at that meal and letting her enjoy. Last night she enjoyed zucchini and spinach noodles and so far today we've had scrambled eggs, peaches, grapes and cooked carrots. You'd think with all this extra food she'd be nursing less, but she's maintained a pretty steady pace. Obviously she plans to grow soon!



 Allie officially has four teeth and four more that are making her life miserable. She has the two bottom front ones and her top two incisors. That's right she's a vampire! I have to say it's terribly cute when she smiles. Her front two teeth are on their way, and the bottom two incisors are starting to break  through too. Pretty soon she'll have a mouth full of teeth to enjoy her new eating hobby even more.

We're still working on setting a schedule for napping, but at least she does the bulk of her sleeping at night. Some days she'll nap all day while others are more like this...
She started to crawl out because she wanted to get up and decided half way that she was too tired. lol!

This is how meals go at our house here lately. The girls would both prefer to play with Allie instead of eating. Needless to say it can drag meal time out quite a bit, but it's fun!

2 comments:

Mrs N said...

FOUR teeth?! Holy moly. C doesn't even have one. :D She isn't crawling yet and I must admit I'm totally okay with that.

Love the video of Katie hiding and running around for Allie.

RamirezFamily said...

Haha I love it!! The boys loved the video Collyn wanted to watch it over and over... and over...!! LOL She is so freaking cute and Katie is so big!