And so here we are moved into our eighth home in our short six (almost seven) years of marriage. I feel like I've finally come home. I was really sad at first because I liked our last house and really had planned to stay there for several years, but once we started moving stuff in and I got the first few rooms unpacked it just felt...right. I've decided this house is just like us, mostly awesome with a little quirkiness mixed in lol! First of all it's huge. Well, maybe not huge, but to us it feels that way. We now have a 'school room' where I plan to do a lot of our lessons and computer based learning next year for school, and a craft/office/mostly craft room, a perfect playroom, a gigantic yard, and my very own closet! That's right. I don't have to share! Well I share with Allie, but I don't mind her teeny tiny clothes, it's Jared's smelly socks that I don't miss :)
The one thing about this house that has had us shaking our heads from the beginning is the light switches. We used to tease my dad about the house they built in West Haven and all of the crazy light switches. This house blows that house out of the water! Our main living room has four light switches AND a master switch, so if the master switch is off then the other four don't work. Then last night we had to eat dinner in semi-darkness because we couldn't figure out the combination of switches and pull chains that would turn on the dining room light. There's a fan and a light and they each have two switches on each side of the room, and they each have a pull chain that will also turn it off! But what happened tonight topped it all. We've been using paper plates and cups since the move so I wouldn't have to worry about dishes. Last night I finally made a real dinner so I started fiddling with the dish washer trying to get a load washed. Nothing I was trying was working. It's a dishwasher not rocket science right? I finally gave in and asked Jared. He did all the same things I had to no avail. Finally he randomly flipped a light switch and surprise surprise, it turned on. I was completely astounded. I have a switch to turn on my dish washer. Really!?! Now if we only had a switch to flush the toilet it would officially be the oddest house ever ;) pictures to come soon!
1 comment:
Haha thats awesome!! Hope you get the code worked out pretty soon! Cant wait to see pics!
Post a Comment