My girls have a plethera of purses to choose from, but the one Melody uses the most often is the sparkley clutch my Grandma Carter gave me years ago. I grew up playing dress up with my cousins. We used to raid Grandma's closet for shoes and matching purses, my Grandma was a real lady that way having a purse to match ever pair of shoes! Since I have so many memories playing with her purses it's kind of fun to see Melody doing the same thing with the same purse!
We went out to run a few errands today and she insisted on bringing her purse along. She's pretty good about keeping track of it so I don't ever mind. I don't, however, ever bother to look inside. Today she showed me what she was equipped with 'just in case' lol!
This is her 'puff' so she can put on her powder in case her face gets sweaty. It's actually a juice lid that I put fabric on for a texture matching game. I love how little kids can make random things be anything they want it to be!
This is her dinosaur and race car to play with in case she gets bored. She told me the dinosaur was also to scare off any bad guys we may encounter. Very serious business.
This is her 'makeup' and her extra pony tails. The makeup is to keep her lips pretty and shinny. She's quite funny about it, she refuses to kiss her dad if she has recently applied makeup, she also eats very carefully so as not to mess up the makeup! The pony tails seemed pretty self explanatory. She was complaining once when we were at the park on a windy day that her hair was in her face. I told her that she should always keep an extra ponytail in her pocket for just in case. I figured that was why she had all of these and as I was telling Jared about it over dinner she was quick to correct me. They aren't actually for her hair. They're to be used to shoot me while I'm driving... at least they're useful :)
I had to share this glimpse into my little girls mind. She cracks me up with some of the things she does and says. Everyday she has something new that leaves me wondering where on Earth she learned it!
4 comments:
So funny! I love it!!!
Wow! Our girls are growing up aren't they! Emily is already asking for her ears pierced!
Awesome. :)
Post a Comment