Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fun with fabric

I saw this idea while blog hopping the other day and knew I had to try it with my girls. I cut a big letter out of card board, then I gave them the scrap basket and a bowl of mod podge and let them go to town.

I think it's interesting doing things like this with both of them because they never quite react the way I had thought they would. Sometimes Melody leads and Katie watches her to see what to do, but today it was the other was around. Katie went after it with all kinds of enthusiasm. Melody, being my ocd child, had a hard time with the randomness of this project and wasn't quite sure what to do. Then there was the glue. I didn't realize it would cause so many problems! Melody usually LOVES getting her hands dirty. She's always digging into different things with different textures and rubbing it all over her hands and arms, so naturally I thought she'd love using her hands to put the glue on. Boy was I wrong! It took about two minutes for her to be annoyed with the stickiness and she wanted to be done with the whole project. Katie on the other hand put her entire hand in the glue and started smearing it all over! This is the same child I couldn't convince to stick her hand inside the pumpkin. I love seeing how their little personalities develop and change as they get older. Just when you think you know something about your child they hit a new 'phase'!


Melody was annoyed that she couldn't find pieces big enough to cover the whole M. She's very specific about how she does things and if she can't do it that way it totally throws her.



The idea was for me to get some sewing done while they worked, but that totally didn't happen!


As soon as they're dried and hung up I'll take another pic. I think they turned out great and the girls had a good time working on them!

1 comment:

Lexi said...

i love that idea! i have a bit of a fabric hoarding problem.... so that would help me get rid of some scraps :)