Before we moved I had the girls make some shirts that I had planned to have them wear this weekend and the for the fourth. I ironed on the stencils and showed them how to do it and let them go. I think they did a great job! I went back over it with sparkly puff paint to add some detail. We put a couple of butterflies on the back too.
After we finished eating and the girls got their sprinkler fix Jared got a soccer game going with the little kids while the older kids and adults played on the next field.
Katie was really unhappy that she was too small to ever have a chance to kick the ball so Jared solved that problem. He was swinging her around like a rag doll, but she loved it! Some of those little kids are hard core! Too bad mine mostly cried. Melody took a ball right to the chest and it took her almost ten minutes to calm down, that was AFTER she got her breath back! These kids NEED sports, Jared just doesn't understand!
Jared told Melody that he would play with her in the water right before we left. I think he was just waiting for everyone else to leave before he started jumping around in the water like a little kid :) They had a great time! Why is it that everything is better when it's done with Dad? William and Caryn hung around and William and the boys decided to get in on the water fun too.
Poor Katie has a bum that can not be covered! Every swimsuit she's ever owned has done this. I think next year, now that we're all potty trained, we're getting her some board shorts!
1 comment:
lol i love the bum shot. glad you guys had such fun!
Post a Comment