Today we honor all the 'less-than-perfect-but-still-trying' mothers. That should be everyone unless you've completely given up!
- I want to honor all the mothers who don't get enough sleep, so they may be a bit irritable. That's OK, you're still wonderful!
- I want to honor all those who lost their temper the fourth time they ask their children to do something. Hey, you were patient the first three times right?
- I want to honor all those mothers that put themselves in time-out. You are being a good example to your children!
- I want to honor all those who do ten times more work than they ever imagined doing, and feel very little thanks.
- I want to honor all those mothers of young kids who shut the door to go to the bathroom for five minutes of privacy, even though their toddler is on the other side trying to beat the door down because they can't stand to be separated!
- I want to honor all those mothers who have been pushed past their limit...repeatedly.
- I want to honor all those who have "JUST CLEANED THIS ROOM!"
- I want to honor all those whose pile of dishes is only rivaled by the mountain of laundry.
- I want to honor all those who spent an hour making dinner, and no one likes it, and they let you know...loudly.
- I want to honor all those mothers whose mouths are sore from biting their tongues so much.
- I want to honor all those who have ever had to clean up throw-up. Ever. Even better I honor all those who cover the throw-up with a towel in the middle of the night to be cleaned up in the morning.
- I want to honor all of you who, no matter what you do or say, it's the wrong thing.
- I honor those of you who take time out for themselves. It's very hard to take care of others when your own needs are pressing.
- I want to honor those who spend more time in the car than anywhere else.
- I honor those of you who are overworked, overwhelmed,stressed, under appreciated, and not getting enough sleep.
- I honor those of you who have gotten a call from the principals office...again.
- I especially want to honor those mothers who have spent hours on their knees in prayer, pleading for help and guidance in their rolls as mothers.
- And finally, I honor all those mothers who are doing their best. It never seems like enough, but it's all you've got!
1 comment:
i LOVE this, thanks for sharing :) it made my day
Post a Comment