Thursday, December 29, 2011

Picture-less update

Sorry all, the pictures are on Jared's computer waiting to be compressed before I can do anything with them. Give me another month or two and I'll have figured out how to do it all myself. I figured family might appreciate an update on the mini Meakins. 

Our beautiful little Allie is growing like a weed and learning something new everyday. She's an incredibly happy baby and just LOVES to play with her sisters. We all pretty much make fools of ourselves trying to make her smile. She had her four month well check yesterday and weighed in at a full 14 pounds and is 26 inches long. All of my girls have been in the 75th percentile for their height, but this is the first time one of my children has managed the 75th for weight. Obviously nursing is being much more successful this time around! Allie is doing great with tummy time and sitting up in her bumbo. I can't get over how strong she is! Her doctor and I agree that she'll most definitely be crawling in the next couple months. I don't know how I feel about that, but Melody and Katie will be stoked!

We celebrated Katie's fourth birthday last wednesday and had a ton of fun! She's still very much in a princess stage so we had all variety of princess things at our party including tiara party hats. Pictures soon to come. I really can't believe she's already four. It seems like just yesterday Melody was turning four! Katie was struggling a little with adjusting to having Melody gone all day at school and this new baby here taking up all of mom's time, but she seems to be doing better now. She's finally getting to a point where she's interested in learning her letters and how to write them. So far we've mastered A, K, M, D, R, S, O and P. I'm really enjoying all the time I get with her lately. She learns so differently than Melody and it's really forcing me to stretch my abilities to help her progress. I suggested to her that once she turned four we could put her in preschool. She was not interested and actually got upset. She wants friends to play with, but she wants it done where she can still see me. She's never had a problem being without me before, so I'm chalking it up to more baby adjustments. 

Melody is pretty much in love with school. I think the only thing she doesn't like is the getting up at six. She was such a morning person as a baby, but all that is gone now. She comes home everyday with something new to tell me. She absolutely loves the specials; music, technology, science, gym and art. This kid is every teachers dream, she just soaks up everything you give her and keeps asking for more. The only problem we're running into is keeping her busy. She doesn't know how to be still. I've started to limit the amount of computer/tv time she gets in hopes that she'll get better at using her imagination. It astounds me how completely different she and Katie are! Recently she was in her very first play. She had three lines and she remembered two of them lol! The bulk of the play was singing and she had a good time learning all the songs. We still get to hear them all the time. I remember my parents telling me when I was little that they just needed me to be quiet. At the time I was seriously offended that they weren't interested in what I had to say. Now I understand. There are days that I swear my ears will bleed if I have to listen to Melody say one more word. That little girl started talking ten minutes after she was born (seriously she was cooing at everybody!) and hasn't stopped since! Good thing we love her so dearly :)

With any luck I'll have a slew of pictures to post by next week *fingers crossed*


No comments: