Thursday, March 1, 2012

Katie

Since I last talked about Katie she has turned back into the little Katie I once knew and loved. Gone is the monster/alien that tried to replace her. She's this helpful, loving, kind, encouraging little girl and I adore her! She was such a monster while grandmas and grandpas were visiting they might not believe me, but she's definitely gotten past the last crazy phase she was in. Now to soak in the lovelyness while I can!

She really starting to show an interest in letters and numbers. She's finally hit that place where she's ready. She's ready to read, to write, to draw, to create. She's taking everything in and asking questions faster than I can answer them. I'm so glad she does, though, because it's led to some really fun learning experiences. I can't wait to see what happens when we start homeschooling next year (more on that later)


She has the most expressionate  (is that even a word?) face! Since she was about four months old she has been making faces that just crack me up. Sometimes when she's mad or sad and crying it's all I can do not to laugh at her! She is just so exaggerated in everything she does! I can't imagine where she might have gotten that from :D







She most definitely made the most of her time while her grandparents were here. I think there wasn't a minute that went by that she wasn't plopped in someones lap, or trying to get someone to play with her. Good thing they all love her so much! It'll be great fun this summer when she gets to see them all at the same time!





So she had a birthday. It was over two months ago. Here's the pictures!! I'm not big on friend parties. I prefer it to be just us making a big deal over this one special person all day long. Katie and I went shopping and she picked out everything for her party. It pretty much ended up being a hodge podge of princesses. She picked the most random cake and had them plop and Ariel on top. We had a tangled table cloth, princess crowns and princess plates. Then we went to Ghatti town for dinner. The day was all about our little Katie and how thankful we are to have her!





2 comments:

Mrs N said...

Such a cute girl! Happy birthday Katie!

Mason has started asking me nine gazillion questions, usually science related. We've been geeking out - checking out space and nature books at the library, watching dinosaur and natural disaster shows on Netflix. It's so fun!

RamirezFamily said...

I miss your cute family! I seriously LOVE Katies faces! I wish we could have been there!! MMMMM CAKE!!