Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The zoo!

Wahoo! We were able to get out to the Forth Worth Zoo today! I've never enjoyed the zoo as much as I did today. We went with our friend Ydais and her little one Emily. Melody and Emily ran all over the place and had a ton of fun! Katie crashed about half way through, but what she did see she was very excited about. Jared took a TON of pictures and it seems like they all turned out really, really good! What I don't get in this post I'll put in a slide show on the side bar.
This is right inside the entrance, The kids were really good just hanging out while we got everything together and figured out where we were going.

This little monkey wouldn't stay in her seat! I felt kinda bad strapping her in but if you watch the video in the bottom video bar you'll understand!
These chimps were the first animal we saw and I thought Katie was going to jump out of my arms! She was ready to play and tried her hardest to get into the pen!

Melody and Emily were captivated from the beginning with all the different animals. It was hard to get them away from each exhibit so we could get through it all!

She was so excited she pointed at everything and exclaimed over it all!
They were all so happy and pretty well behaved. It was kinda weird having such well behaved children for so many hours!Melody was so taken with these flamingos that she actually climbed in the fence and tried to touch them!
I've never seen Flamingos in real life. They are the most beautiful birds!
If you look at the stroller you'll see two little legs sticking out. Emily was in the back and Melody sat in the front. They rode like this most of the trip. You can also see Ydais's baby belly! She's due in September and she's going to be so mad that I posted this!

This picture took an incredible amount of work to get! The girls would not all look at the camera at the same time!

This is all we heard about from the beginning! 'Where's the alligators and elephants?' Of course they were on opposite ends of the park.
My little Katie is so cute, but can you see the mischief in her eyes?
This is NOT the most attractive picture of me, but it does demonstrate Katie's wiggly craziness quite well!
And here we see how we handle Katie's craziness!

Don't they look like they're conspiring?

They were actually trying to hug, but I guess at two there still some practicing left to do!

My clever little girl! She couldn't see the giraffes so she came over, took the break off the stroller, and moved it over to the fence so she could see better. Jared and I watched on amused at her deductive reasoning skills.

Here Emily was showing us her impressive wing span!

There's also three video's in the video bar at the bottom of the page. I'll post the slide shows some time in the next few days.

No comments: