A few months ago we got a new dining set off freecycle, but it was in rough shape so it promptly took up residence in my garage. Slowly but surely Jared has been refinishing it for me. FINALLY after all the sanding, two coats of stain and three more coats of sealant it's done! I wish I had thought to get a before picture because it was bad before! It had water damage and was this really sickly light colored wood. In short it was ugly, but I could see the potential.
After Finishing the table I decided that I also needed new chairs. I had been looking for fabric for a while but never found anything I liked. One day while going through the redline fabric at JoAnns I found it! It was the exact colors that I wanted and it was half off. I ended up paying a total of $4.50. Granted the foam was considerably more expensive, but we just waited for it to go on sale and got it for a fairly good price too!
Can you see why I wanted new chairs!? Kids are so hard on furniture. After it was all said and done we ended up spending just over $100 for the whole new set. I can't even begin to tell you how exited I am to have a table that seats 8! When we would have people over for dinner before we always had to squish around the little dinky round table Jared bought in his bachelor days, but now people will have room for their elbows!
Jared's not overly fond of having people over for dinner when the time could be better spent playing video games, but he just might have to get used to being more social! :)
2 comments:
It looks amazing! Good for you. Now I'm inspired to give our poor coffee table some TLC, that thing has been so abused. I love the fabric for the chairs.
OH my! That looks beautiful! Way to go!
Post a Comment