Then there was this creature. I can't even say I know what it is, but really it's very cool looking! It made me think of Davy Jones on Pirates of the Caribbean. It kept fluttering its little tentacles as it swam around so it looked like it was talking.
The penguins exhibit was pretty neat because it was feeding time so the lady was telling us things about them. There was one that was molting so he was hiding underneath the rocks. She had to take the fish to him because he refused to come out! lol!
This was the tunnel that led under the shark tank. The one in Ohio had a glass floor too so I liked this one MUCH better! Jared got a lot of cool shots with the sharks swimming behind us.
Kinda eerie huh! Melody thought it was really cool that they could swim right over us and kept chasing them back and forth.
This is a view from the top of the tank. You can see the sting rays right on top.
Melody wasn't very fond of the fishy smell! lol!
Here I am looking so cute and totally oblivious to the fact that my three year old is trying to get in the tank with the GIANT TURTLE!! Good mom, huh!
Practicing their fishy faces!
These birds were SO loud! They were fighting and it was upsetting Katie! She kept covering her ears and saying 'no-no birbis!' Then when I gave her the binki to calm her down she started yelling at the birds again and dropped the binki! I couldn't believe it! I think I'm more dependent on that thing than she is! Needless to say we stopped on the way home to buy some more!
Right before we left we tried to take advantage of the great lighting and get a few pictures, but as you can see that didn't work out too well! I think Jared's Mexican is wearing off on me! lol!
Can you say demon child?
Ah my sweet lovable babies! I think my mom left more tired than she came!
While it was way over priced it was definitely a fun day! We'll have to go back in a few years when the kids can appreciate it on a different level.
No comments:
Post a Comment