Thursday, March 11, 2010

Project #1 (for this month anyway)

Sorry I've been MIA. My mom is coming to visit next week and I have all these little house projects that I've been meaning to get done, but just haven't had the time or the motivation. I've finally found the motivation! Finishing the girls bathroom wasn't too high on my list until our shower became unusable. Every time we showered the garage beneath us got a shower also so for the last month we've been using the kids bathroom. It wouldn't be such an inconvenience except the other bathroom is attached to the kids room. So that means showering when they are sleeping is out. At any rate I decided if all four of us were going to be using it on a regular basis for more than just the nightly bath I wanted it to feel a little more finished.

I started looking for a shower curtain and figured I'd go from there, but I couldn't find anything under $50 that I liked. Yes I really did find one for $50. I don't know who spends that much on a shower curtain, but it isn't this chick! So as in all things I can't afford I decided I had no other choice but to make it! How hard could it be? I've almost got it finished and I'll post some pics hopefully tomorrow. That is if it doesn't turn out to be harder than I thought it would :)

Today I got the hooded towels finished. I've been looking for towels in the color I wanted for weeks but I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much money! Today while wandering through Target (I heart that store!) I found a two pack of towels in the exact color I needed for only $2.50!! My first thought was these are going to be cheap towels, but I was surprised by how soft and plush they were. Into the cart they went. Then I found the hand towels for the hood, also $2.50. After I had them put together I used some scraps from the shower curtain to add a little flair. FYI applique on towels leads to lots of swearing.









I love how they turned out and I think I'm going to keep my eyes open for the purple I want so I can do some purple and white ones too.










*If you want to make your own, email me and I'll send you a short tutorial. I just didn't want to clutter up the family blog with a how to.*

2 comments:

Lexi said...

Super Cute!

Long Family said...

So Cute! Can't wait to see the curtain!