Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Grandma's visit

This month has been a crazy one! My mom came out to visit this last week and I spent the weeks leading up to that getting my house put together. One of the hazards of moving once a year is you don't ever get your house decorated. I told Jared unless something major happens we're staying put for at least the next three years since Melody will be starting school next fall, so I decided it was safe to dive in and do some decorating! YAY!


My mom flew in on Wednesday afternoon. Melody was so excited she asked me every five minutes all day long 'is grandma here yet?' Then when she finally got here Katie wanted nothing to do with her! I guess she's only seen her once in the last two years so that was to be expected. It didn't take her long though, she warmed right up and neither of them let her out of their sight for long! I vowed to take a million pictures, but it seems like we just got too caught up in the day and by the end of it I would realize I hadn't taken a single one. The last couple of days I really cracked down though so I did get a few!

We did a lot of shopping as there is a mall every 5 miles here and they all have different stores! So its not a waste of a day to mall hop around here. I also introduced her to the wonder of IKEA! We killed some serious time wandering through there. I love that store! Then we hit the outlet mall in grapevine and could have stayed longer, but our time table was based on the whims of my temperamental children! Melody would just get bored and want to move on to the next store while Katie still needs a two hour nap (thank heavens!) every day. Jared was a wonderful and offered to take over a few time so she and I could spend some time together. We managed to hit almost every craft store and catch a movie. I've been waiting for blindside and Sherlock Holmes to get to the dollar theater. (They were both fantastic by the way!)

We also managed to do some crafting. Not much, but enough to feel like we accomplished something. We both made necklaces, this one is mine, she made her's a little shorter. We also whiled away some time making cards. All in all it was great having my mom here! I had a great time just spending time with her!

Melody introduced her to the fine art of doing hair. Good thing I have such an over abundance of hair bows! We actually came home from shopping one day and Jared looked just like this too! lol! It was what he did to keep Melody busy while he gamed. I guess whatever works!

The last day we managed to make it to the aquarium, but Jared got so many fantastic pictures that it'll have to be another post. TTFN!

2 comments:

Jinny and Mick said...

Sounds like you had fun! I love little girls that like to do hair-sometimes it's a little painful, though!

JennandStar said...

Grandma never looked so good!