Thursday, August 19, 2010

Katie's first hair cut

Let me start by saying this is all Jared's fault.

A few days ago Jared was running late for work and clicked the wrong thing. Instead of reformatting his flash drive he reformatted the drive with all of our pictures and videos on it! Thankfully he's a smart IT geek and had most of the pictures backed up, but still it's the principle. He managed to find everything and asked me to go through it and make sure nothing was missing. While I worked on that the kids were playing on the stairs. They like to take toys down there and pretend it's their own little house. Had I not been so involved in the task at hand I might have noticed the silence a little sooner!

Once I noticed how quiet it had gotten I called down asking them what they were doing. Melody came running up the stairs and went straight to her room so I knew something was going on. I went over to look down the stairs and this is what I found!



Well not that exactly, this was taken after I straightened them out a little. I didn't notice the large chunk missing from the back until I tried to take the ponytail out and it all came out with it.

I admit it. I cried.

I have been holding off on cutting Katie's hair simply because I love it. It's long and thick and the most amazing color. It reminds me of my mom's hair. I figured I'd bite it and take her in on her third birthday. Now I'll be lucky if it's grown out enough to even out by then!

After I realized what had happened I started in on Katie about scissors and the rules, at this point Melody came running out of her room again and announced that she had been the master mind behind this mess. I had to count to ten. I was so upset, but at the same time she had been honest so I was trying not to get too mad.

I'm sure in a few months it'll all be funny, but seriously right now I'm just going to cry a little more! Don't judge me.

Can you tell she takes this real seriously? Apparently an angry mom is nothing to get worried about.

There's a 4 inch piece across the back of her head that only reaches just past her ears. The rest of her hair reaches past her shoulder blades!

She cut all along both sides as well. She used to have beautiful ringlets right there *sigh*

She's obviously very aware of what she has done and feels very bad, wouldn't you say?

7 comments:

Jasmine said...

this here reminds me of Jayde when she cut her hair. Her hair was slightly short already at the time because it's so thin cutting it shorter made it look fuller. She got a hold of the scissors and wallah! It was all gone! Font, back, and sides! She looked like a boy for so long, I hated it. Just know that you aren't the only one and I feel the pain of exasperation and anger, and wanting to cry all at the same time.

Lexi said...

it grows back... ya? i probably would have cried too. all i ever do is trim the bottom of sophie's hair so that it's all one length. i'm too much of a baby to get it cut.

at least she didnt chop it SUPER short.

Phreggs said...

http://www.piriform.com/recuva
I used that to restore all the stuff that went missing from Lexi's laptop.

Free, easy to use, and grabs pretty much everything.

Anonymous said...

*sigh* i dont know how to stop laughing and crying at the same time!

her thick hair its from Jared and of course from ME :-)

Anonymous said...

Kids, gotta love them.

You mentioned a few weeks ago that she was coming and apologizing for things she did.

Maybe she had a relapse. Just explain to her that its much better for her to come to you and tell you how good she has been, then for things she knew better before doing.

Tell her there's a reward for weeks like that such as helping make a cake and having a mini celebration where she can blow out candles or get recognized in other ways.

Just a thought.

Love Gramps

Jinny and Mick said...

Oh, no! So much funnier when it's somebody else's kid isn't it? I probably would have cried, too, don't worry. Between the hair cuts and medicine-I'm sure you stay plenty busy over there!

Julie said...

At least it was her sister's hair. Chloe cut the neigbor girls hair I was watching for the day.