Do you SEE THIS!?!
Let me introduce you to the BEST birthday present I have gotten in all my 26 years! Well the ones I can remember at least :) I have wanted one of these since I ventured into the art of bread and cake baking 2 years ago. Can I just tell you how hard it is to knead dough that has 12 cups of flour in it by hand!? Let's just say that Jared finished that one for me.
Let me tell you the fantastic story behind how I got this fabulous present. I'm a kind wife so I start offering kind reminders about two months before my birthday so he has plenty of time to come up with something creative. I'm not proud, I also will never be the wife who's husband forgot her birthday! I'm not sure how he came up with this idea, but I have to give him major props for creativity! Recently someone gave him an old computer in return for some work he did for them. We really didn't need another computer! I can not stress enough how much we really didn't need that extra computer! Being the creative fellow that my Jared is, he decided to list it on Craig's List in the trade or barter section for a Kitchen aid mixer. It took a few days, but someone finally replied! She had bought this mixer to make mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving...and never used it again! *shaking head* Some people's children.
My dear sweet husband went and picked it up for me yesterday. After he finished a full day of work, he braved rush hour traffic (you've never been in rush hour traffic until you've done it in Dallas!) and drove an hour in the wrong direction. This lady lives WAY south of us. Then he set it all up for her and showed her how to use everything he put on it. THEN he looked at her brothers computer for him too! The guys a pushover when it comes to helping people :) He finally got home about 7:30 last night. I have to tell you I think I just might have the best husband around!
Needless to say I've already put my beautiful mixer to work. I just finished some bread and I'm thinking that maybe we need some cinnamon rolls for breakfast!
2 comments:
How sweet! for sure he got that from me :-) treasure him Tasha just like the way he does to you.
and yes cinnamon rolls sound great for breakfast.
By the way there was a little girl when Jared was in sunbeams, she felt in love with Jared and she even planned their whole life together even kids and she was going to always bake cinnamon rolls for him... ask him, him might remember her name. He used to hide from her :-P
That is so awesome!
Post a Comment