Before Melody started school she and Katie spent a lot of time playing together. I was actually looking forward to having some more one on one time with Katie. It's incredible how much I've been able to get to know her better. You'd think with her being my daughter I'd know her pretty well, but I haven't spent too much time playing with just her and she's is one creative little girl! She LOVES to play pretend. Today I was all about having a lazy movie day because our heater is on the fritz so it randomly will decide that it won't heat the house above 65. I was FREEZING! Apparently I've acclimated to Texas :) Anywho I wanted to snuggle with my girls on the couch under three blankets and watch Disney movies all day, but Katie had other plans. After the first two movies she got up, turned off the tv and said 'no more tv today mom. Let's go play!' So I wrapped up and grudgingly followed her to the play room (the coldest room in the house!)
She's so funny to play pretend with. We'll start out playing teacher and we each have to play three different parts. Today she started out as the daddy named Eugene, then she was also the teacher and the doctor. Allie was the little sister and the sick baby, and I was the mommy named Tangled, the student, and the little girl. Then out of no where she brought me the costume box and we started dressing up in random stuff. The more we played the sillier it got! I'm loving that I have another year and a half before I have to send her off to school. Can't get over the fact that this is my job!
Zombie Doctor
Clown/Pirate/Princess
Fairy princess
1 comment:
I love everything about this post!
Post a Comment