Saturday, January 14, 2012

Too clever for her own good!

About once a month Jared likes to take the girls out on a Daddy Date so that they get some special time with just him (reason #354 why I am irrevocably in love with my husband!) Jared told the girls this morning that he was taking them out for a date at 11:30 so they needed to get ready to go. This is the conversation that went on after he went in to do his hair and what not.

Melody: I wonder if we're going to the park?
Me: No it's too cold to go to the park right now.
Katie: I wonder where we going...
Melody: Well lets look at the clues. It can't be somewhere outside because Mom said it's too cold; that's the first clue.
Katie: Clue one. Right.
Melody: Daddy told us to go potty. It's inside so it must have bathrooms, but he won't want to take us; that's clue number two.
Katie: So what is it?
Melody: It's inside and it's somewhere Dad doesn't want to take us potty...I KNOW!! It's the MOVIES!! It's the movies, huh Mom?
Me: I guess you'll find out...
Melody: Now I know it is because before you said no, and that time you said we'll find out!
Katie: YAY!! The MOVIES!!

Sure enough that was where he was taking them! I had to leave the room to keep from laughing out loud! I couldn't believe what Melody had just done. She watches a show on qubo every so often called The Mysteries of Alfred Hedgehog. It's kind of like Blues Clues for big kids. She obviously learned a thing or two.

1 comment:

Mrs N said...

Love it! E does something very similar in which she searches for clues and M is her willing helper. She learned it from Richard Scarry's Busytown (on Netflix).