Monday, August 11, 2008

happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me!

Yeah! Today was my birthday. I actually had to count to figure out how old I was. Once you pass 21 it doesn't matter again untill 30. We had a very nice day. I started out by skipping my workout because I felt I deserved a break. Then Jared got the girls ready and took them to buy my present. I took a long, long, long shower with NO interruptions! Melody usually sits on the floor of the bathroom asking "mom are you done yet?" Then they got home and Melody insisted on making my cake. She walked around with the frosting saying "this is my present mom" she thought it was for her. Jared let her help make it and mix it. I got some way cute pics, I'll post them tomorrow if I get the chance. Then while the cake was cooking Jared took the girls in to sign my card (He helped mellie write her name, and katie signed with her footprint) and wrap my present. For those of you who know Jared well you know how funny he thinks he is. So he sends mellie in with a gift bag and says I'll just love my present he put a lot of thought into it! I opened it knowing it was going to be something bizzaar because he had that stupid smile he gets when he's up to something. It was a 20oz MtDew. Then I turned to him and said "okay where's the REAL present" He just laughed. Turns out he got me an MP3 player, which is what I have been wanting forever. It's way cool. It's only 2G but we can get and 8G memory card for it. Then Jared suggested we get a sitter and go see a movie. I was almost giddy. Jared's way anal about sitters which I can understand, but sometimes I would just like to get out for a minute. My RS president introduced me to a way cute girl who lives in the neighborhood behind us and the girls took to her immeadiatly. So we crossed our fingers and called her 2 hrs before we needed her to come. Luckily she was available. We went to see The Dark Knight. It was way cool as far as Batman gadgets go, but it was a little dark for my taste. I tend to be really sensitive to movies though, to me they seem real where most people can just write it off as a movie, nobody really got hurt. I don't think we'll be buying that one. We may have a showdown though cause Jared loved it and I know he wants it. Oh-well we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. In the mean time 'Happy Birthday To Me, Happy Birthday To Me'

No comments: