Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hair Fun!

I found the most amazing blog link when I was surfing the other day on Julie's blog called hairtoday. It has the best ideas for hair. She even had styles I could do with Melody's short and uneven hair. I wasn't too sure Mellie would sit still long enough for me to actually do any of the styles, but I had to try. Up until now I had just been putting it in a quick pony tail or pig tails, whatever got it out of her eyes. Then I had to stop doing that when she entered the 'putting things in my nose' phase. Hairthings are really hard to get out! So before I tried anything new I showed her the picture on the blog and asked her if she wanted to do it pretty like that little girl. She got really excited so I figured that was a good sign. I let her pick the hair thing colors and got to work. It only took me about 5 minutes to do this one and that included all of the extra time i had to stop because Mellie had to wiggle for a minute. After I finished I took her into the bathroom to look at her self and she said 'oh mom, I sooo pretty!' then when I put her down she went to show Katie and asked her if she looked beautiful. I was so proud of how well it turned out that I had to take pictures for proof. I'm realistic, I knew it wasn't going to last until Jared got home.
Now if only I could get her hair to grow faster so I can try out some of those other styles.

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

Now that hair is just way to cute! That gave me an idea on how to Jayde's hair for the first day of school!!! SWEET!! Thanks!! I am going to check out that blog FOR SURE!