Today I was reminded that my two year old has an opinion about nearly everything and now has the vocabulary to make it heard! While we were walking to the park this morning she started playing the 'I SEE' game. She says I see... and then tells me what she can see, and then I take a turn. When we first started playing about six months ago she would say clouds and trees over and over. Today she saw cars, bushes, squirrels, a mailbox, and a door on the house. I was really impressed because she doesn't usually say that many different things. Then when we got home she started playing with Katie like Daddy plays with her. She got down on her hands and knees and started crawling after Katie saying 'I'm gonna get you Katie! Rawr!' It's too cute watching them play together. Now that Katie can move Melody tries to play more.
Later we were killing time waiting for Dad to get home from work so we could eat dinner and Melody runs up to me holding a movie. Then she yells 'Mom I LOVE He-Man! He's perfect! I NEED to watch He-Man!'. Jared had bought me a He-Man movie months ago because I used to watch it when I was little, apparently Melody has adopted my love for him! Then when we sat down to dinner she looks at it and says 'I LOVE noodles mom! I gonna eat my dinner!' Finally I have found a meal that she LOVES. It only took me a whole year!
As I'm sure you can tell she's talking very well now. She uses complete sentences all the time, and we're finding that she has an amazing memory. A few weeks ago she decided that she wanted to say the prayer, so we would tell her what to say and she would repeat it. Now we've gotten to the point that she can say whole phrases without being told what to say! I just can't keep up with her. If Katie's anything like her I'm going to have my hands full!
No comments:
Post a Comment