Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mellie-isms

Melody has a new phrase lately.

"What's that smell?"

Even when there is no smell she asks that. I always respond with, "I don't know, what do you think it smells like?" To which she always responds with some off the wall random thing. Pepper, Katie's diaper, mommy's icky food, you know...random things!

Tonight when we were leaving Wal-Mart some one was sitting right outside the door smoking, like there always is! Mellie immediately asked, "What's that smell Mommy?" Jared asked her what she thought it was. She thought about it for a minute and said, "I think it smells like poop!" We were still in hearing of the guy that was smoking and she was talking rather loudly. I love how abrupt three year olds can be, they get to say things that we as adults may feel uncomfortable saying!

2 comments:

Lexi said...

good for her, smoke does smell like poop!

Phreggs said...

So... she talks about things like I do?