Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My children's personalities in a snapshot

I feel like I have finally caught my children's personalities on film, or memory card...what ever. This is THE picture. Jared has been working swings shift this week, so we've been on our own for entertainment in the evenings. They were keeping me company while I was working on the computer, I left the room for a minute and when I came back this is what I saw.

This picture is perfect for so many reasons. I love the look on their faces, you can tell they've been up to mischief. Causing mischief is a major part of their lives, any one that has spoken to me on the phone for more than 5 minutes knows that I have to stop what I'm doing every so often and pull them out of whatever it is they've gotten into this time. Before I can blink they're into something else! The neighbors probably think I'm nuts for as often as I'm hollering at them to get down, or get out of that, or stop touching, or hitting, or pulling the dogs tail, or climbing the highchair, or throwing random objects off the balcony... This all happens in the space of an hour!

Then there's the fact that they are at the piano! They spend so much of their time singing and dancing and playing with their plethora of toy instruments. Jared will randomly make up songs about them or what they are doing. Melody has started to do it too, but I have yet to catch it on camera. They both try to sing in sacrament meeting even though they have no idea what they're doing they just kind of sing along. Music is definitely a major part of our lives.

Then there is the bedraggled state that they are in. I've given up. I do their hair and get them dressed in the morning and unless we're going somewhere special I just don't bother. They're busy little girls and I'm just thankful they have clothes on. You can't see it, but Katie has only one sock on and one of Melody's shoes on the wrong foot. They have more important things to attend to than worrying about how they look!

No comments: