Monday, November 30, 2009
Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I'm one of those people that spent every holiday with family growing up so not having family around is kinda rough sometimes. It took me five hours to get everything made, but I actually enjoyed it. Kinda weird huh? It's like I can add another badge on my vest of womanhood :) Jared spent the whole day playing video games, Melody watched movies and colored, and Katie slept. I think everyone got to spend the day just how they wanted.
Mmmmm! Look at all that carb infused food! I threw the broccoli in there last minute when I realized what exactly I was feeding my family!
The spread! Maybe by next year my dear husband will have finished my beautiful table just waiting in the garage and we can actually invite someone over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
One year (when I was pregnant with Miss E) I made our entire Thanksgiving spread. It was strangely satisfying. Though since I was pregnant, I was completely exhausted by the time the actual meal rolled around!
P.S. Thanksgiving is supposed to be a carb fest! My mother used to claim (probably still does) that the pumpkin pie counted as a vegetable. Lol
This looks beautiful! YOu totallly deserve that badge, too! I wouldn't even know how to start with a turkey!
Post a Comment