Sunday, November 29, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

You like the antenna sticking out the sides? I call that our redneck ornament.I think it really adds something to the whole ensemble ;)


I broke down this year and we bought a fake tree. We've always had a real tree. In fact the whole process of picking the tree was a pretty big deal in our family. We've been known to go to several tree lots in search of the perfect tree. Unfortunately when we downsized to a smaller apartment we lost all that extra room for a Christmas Tree. I decided that getting a small one to go on top of the entertainment center would probably be the best we could do this year. It also keeps little fingers out of my ornaments!


Since it's so small I had to sort through our ornaments and pick out the few that were small enough and light enough to work. Seeing that that didn't amount to very many and I wasn't spending any more money on Christmas decor I decided to make a few. Nothing fancy, but they'll make a nice addition to our ornament collection.



The kids oohed and aahed over everything. I think I'll call this our first REAL Christmas now that the kids are both old enough to enjoy it!

No comments: