I know I am truly terrible about posting lately, but life's been a little nuts and I'm just trying to keep up! Everyone is doing well other than the weather is making it nearly impossible for the girls to get over this croupy cough they have! We currently have the most snow Dallas has ever seen at one time on the ground... 5.3 inches!! Can you believe that! I remember when I was in third grade they finally canceled school because the snow was almost above my head! THAT is snow fall! Everyone here is freaking out because no one knows how to drive in it. Well, that and we have a LOT of bridges and when it snows they freeze causing major problems. But I digress.
I've been staying busy with my sewing. Jared is working on a website for me and we're going to start a small business selling handmade 'things'. As of right now it's just little girls dresses, belts, bib sets, and blankets, but I have plans for more. I just want to start small and see where that leads us. I'm super excited! Jared drew my logo for me and it turned out WAY cute. I'm so lucky to be married to such a talented man! As soon as we get it all put together we'll let everyone know.
Jared's staying busy with work, the website, a genealogy website he's been developing with his dad, and he's also working on his ccna certification. Don't ask me what that stands for I just know it has to do with setting up networks. He's been doing a kind of study group with a friend of ours. His contract with Hilton is up the middle of March so yet again he's looking for work, however, this time it seems a little easier because he has so much more experience. He was able to learn a lot at Hilton and it's definitely helped his resume!
The girls are still growing. They seem to be good at that in spite of the fact that they never eat dinner! Today we had a valentines party at our house because I'm hosting preschool for the next few weeks. We had so much fun! I wanted to make sure we still worked on our letter for today so I decided instead of decorating heart cookies like I was originally planning I'd have them just make cookies. We talked about the letter R so we made rainbows. I used the recipe for these super cute lolipop cookies here and just made a few adjustments to it. I wanted to take pictures but still no camera batteries! Katelynn is really enjoying having preschool at our house. She usually cries when Melody leaves and mopes around until she gets home, but now all the friends come to our house and she loves it! I want to try and get a play group together for her age group but I don't know if we have enough kids, I guess it would work better with fewer.
Hopefully I can get batteries this weekend if they haven't shut the city down because of the snow! I'll post more pictures this weekend. Cross my heart! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment