Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snow day!

So it may have taken a few days, but here are the pictures from our adventures in a Texas winter wonderland. It didn't last long, in fact it's already almost in the 60's again, but it was too cool while we had it, Besides who can say no to snow that only lasts 2 days?

I bundled the girls up the best I could considering I wan't prepared for snowy weather so they didn't have anything waterproof. They both had on two pairs of socks, two pairs of pants, three shirts plus a coat, gloves and the hats and scarfs from Great Grandma Carter finished it off, They lasted a total of 45 minutes before they were pretty much soaked top to bottom!

 
It took Melody all of 2 seconds to figure out how to make a decent snowball and hit me with it! Luckily I moved the camera so it was just my face she got ;)

  
They were determined to make this snowman work. It was really great snowman making snow, there just wasn't enough of it. Thus the slightly muddy coloring.
  
  
  
This was actually the very first thing she did. She saw this on a cartoon and has wanted to make her own ever since. I don't think she'd have any problems being a Utah girl!
  
Her gloves got wet really fast and she kept trying to take them off, but they were so wet they were stuck to her. That was about the time I picked her up and hauled her back inside screaming like a maniac. Ahhh, the sweet joys of parenthood. 

 
 There were about 10 other kids outside playing since they shut all the schools down. It was making them crazy that there was all that untouched snow on the golf course and they couldn't get to it! Katie went over to the fence and started grabbing handfuls to add to her snow man!

1 comment:

Long Family said...

Hey I have a question for you. What is Cleburne? I think, Texas like. Have you ever been there? Is it even close to where you are? Tornados, I see snow :(. I don't know how serious he his, but Cody's thinking about applying for a job. My mom would have a come apart, but I wondered if you know anything about the area?? Do you like living in Texas??