Friday, July 30, 2010

The dark side

I'm not too sure what got into Melody the other day, but apparently she was dealing with some guilt and felt the need to confess. She came in and told me she had something she needed to tell me, at which point she told me some random thing I don't even remember that she had done wrong and had hid from me. She was really upset about it so I thought it would be a good chance to introduce her to the basic principals of repentance. She asked lots of questions and I felt like she was really understanding. She gave me a hug and told me she was sorry for what she had done, then she went in and said a prayer so she could tell Heavenly Father she was sorry. I was really touched that she had understood so well what I had just taught her, if only I knew how well!

Over the next few days I was introduced to a new Melody. One that I had never met before. Apparently she understood very well the idea behind repentance and suddenly the guilt from every little thing she had hid from me, or done without asking, or lied to me about was weighing down on her. It seemed like every five minutes she was coming to me and saying, "Mom there's something I need to tell you..." I have to admit I'm starting to get a little exasperated with all the things I'm learning about her. She is obviously  her father's child! Hopefully the guilt subsides soon and we will be past all the confessions so I can quit wondering who this little devil child is!!

1 comment:

Sawyer and Eliot said...

that is hilarious...and really sweet. Good luck hearing confession! I hope for your sake it subsides soon too :)