I've had several people ask if we have told the girls about the baby yet so I thought I'd let everyone know that yes we have told them. Jared actually wanted to wait until I was starting to get bigger so that it would seem more real to them, but I'm glad we didn't wait. I had been so sick for so long Melody was starting to get impatient with me. She wanted to go to the park and make cookies and play and do all those things that we usually do, but all I could do is lay on the couch and try not to throw up!
When we told them Katie obviously didn't really understand, but Melody did! She was so excited! She started jumping up and down and dancing around right in the middle of the restaurant! After that her whole attitude changed. She tells everyone that she's my helper because mommy has a baby in her tummy. She started making lunch and going out of her way to help clean up and take care of Katie. I can't believe how helpful she got! The funniest is when she walks up and tickles my tummy and says 'tickle tickle baby!' Needless to say she is VERY excited about this baby.
I think Katie is to a place that she understands also. Every time I complain about not feeling good she pats my tummy and looks very wise and says 'because of the baby in your tummy momma'. She's so silly. She also has become quite the little momma in her own way. She can be seen carrying around anywhere from 1-4 baby dolls at any given time. She makes crying noises and pretends its the baby, then she runs over to rock and love her baby until she feels better. This is very serious stuff to her. Melody picked up one of these babies after Katie had 'tucked her in' not realizing the wrath that would come down on her. Katelynn completely flipped out! I've never seen her so angry and she has quite the dramatic flair so we've seen her pretty upset. Melody now knows to ask before touching any of the baby dolls. Doesn't seem exactly fair, but we all have our silly quirks!
Since we're knee deep in babies in our ward the girls are getting in plenty of practice time, but I'm really not at all concerned. Melody was so sweet and helpful with Katie and Katie seems to be learning a lot from her. They'll both be great little helpers. My only concern now is that this baby is due the same week Melody starts kindergarten! Fingers crossed that it works out!
1 comment:
That is so fun that they are excited. I'm sure everything will go smoothly and they will love having a baby. I cringe to think about how Sawyer will act with a new baby encroaching on his territory.
Post a Comment