Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Valentines Fun!!

My poor kids have been SO neglected the last few weeks! Their daily activities have pretty much included TV, movies and playing in their room. I decided since I'm finally up and moving again I should make it up to them. I thought it would be fun to do something valentine-y everyday until Valentine's Day. Today we made some decorations mostly because we don't have any and my house is looking sad after being so happy for Christmas, but also because it was fun of course!

I have a bunch of buttons that I've been collecting for forever. Every time I go to the store I grab a bag which has led to a pretty good collection! Today I traced a heart onto each of their papers and had them sort out pink and white buttons. It was a good activity for Katie since she's still struggling with her colors. Then we took turns smearing glue everywhere and sticking the buttons on at random. I loved this activity because I pretty much let the kids go, no adult help needed.

After they were done, I pulled out some dollar store frames that I always seems to have a supply of and finished them off. I probably should've let them dry first, but I was anxious to see what they would look like!

You'll have to excuse the rag muffin look they're sporting today, since we're pretty much stuck inside getting ready for the day wasn't high on the list. Besides if I never take them out of their pajamas then they're all ready for bed when it rolls around :D







I <3 chubby little hands! I'll be so sad when they lose that sweet baby-ness!



My sad, lonely looking ledge. It was soo cute for the last few months, but I have nothing for the next several holidays. We need to get busy!


Little stinkers spilled the buttons everywhere! I have the sneaking suspicion that it was done on purpose!



I loved this one! They are raising their shoulders in the exact same way, looking the same direction and even have the same expression on their faces! It also noticed in this one the as they are getting older the more Carter Melody looks and the more Macias Katelynn looks. Wonder what the next one will look like?



Tomorrow I'm thinking we'll do sparkly pink mani/pedi's. I love having girls!!

2 comments:

Lexi said...

Love it! i may have to steal this idea, sadly we've been sporting the pjs the past few months... we need to do something fun :P

the girls are insanely grown up! i cant believe it

Jinny and Mick said...

Hey congrats on baby #3! That's really exciting, hopefully you haven't been feeling too sick. And girls are so so much fun!