Sorry all still no new pics. Quite frankly we're lucky we still have clean clothes and dishes! I'm using those days that I actually have energy to get all caught up then I sleep for the next four days. Thankfully the girls have been really good at letting me do that and staying out of trouble. Melody has officially learned to make her own oatmeal. Something that is VERY exciting for me, because she wants it every morning. Now she can have it without me getting up to make it at her usual 6:30 wake up. She and Katie have been keeping busy playing tangled. Of course Katie is always tangled (she refuses to believe her name is really rapunzel!) and she allows Melody to rotate being the mother, the prince and some other random bad guy. My favorite thing in the world right now is to lay in my room and listen to them play on the monitor. The things they come up with crack me up! I think the most amazing thing to me, though, is how good of friends they are. It was SO worth those couple of years where I was never sleeping and always had a toddler attached to my ankle to have them so close. I hope they stay this good of friends as they grow. With Melody starting school in a few weeks and Katie not starting for another two years, it'll be interesting to see where their relationship goes from here.
Melody has really started to take off on her reading. I googled kindergarten sight words lists and made her a matching game with them. So far we have about 12 words we're working on and she's pretty much got them memorized. She's like a little sponge that one. The best part, I think, is she's finally getting past that stage where she gets frustrated if she can't do it the first time. She'll sit down and work on it while I'm making dinner and I won't hear a peep out of her. If I didn't know she was going to enjoy school so much I don't know if I could let her go. I can't even begin to explain how much I'm going to miss her! She and I definitely get on each others nerves, but we're good friends and we do lots of fun stuff together. Not to mention she's a fantastic helper!
Katie has recently decided to leave her baby talk stage and started acting like a big girl again. She tells every one that will listen that her baby sister is in mommy's tummy. She's very excited about being a big sister! We've talked about things she can do to help when the baby comes. I've tried to help her understand that the baby won't be able to play for a while, but I'm not sure how much of that she gets. I guess we'll find out! We've really been working with her on pronouncing her words. I don't think we even realized it was a problem until we started reading scriptures regularly as a family and noticed that she jumbled all her words together. We had to make her stop and say one word at a time. Now we've almost got her to the point that people outside of our family can understand her lol! She is most definitely a temperamental little three year old! I don't know why two's get such a bad wrap, I think three is WAY worse! We were having a lot of problems with her in primary mostly because she wants to play, not sit and listen. Heavenly Father must be watching out for that little girl because recently my friend Caryn was called to be a sunbeam teacher. She knows Katie well enough to know what will and won't work. Fingers crossed by next year we're doing better!
Today I took them both in to the dentist. I obviously didn't think about the logistics of that and the fact that one of them would have to be alone. Thank heavens Melody is so incredibly independent! She went in, sat down and talked to the dentist like he was one of her friends. Interacting with adults is a non issue for her. There is most definitely no intimidation or shyness as long as she feels comfortable. I took Katie back and she struggled. Thankfully we had a really good hygienist who helped her feel a little more comfortable. She looked really unhappy at first, so I asked her if she was okay. She leaned over and whispered 'momma I just SO nervous!' It was so cute! She doesn't use big words if she can avoid it, so I was really proud of her for not only using a big word, but using it right! They go back for their cleanings in two weeks, hopefully, since today he just wanted to meet them and get an idea of what kind of problems they have. With any luck Jared will have to take them to that one because I'll be home taking care of a baby :)
I'll try and update again after our big 36 week appointment next Friday. She should be able to give me an idea of how big this little one is. I feel like she's full term now, but that's probably because she's spread out more than my other two did. I've got her head pushing on my bladder and her toes wrapped around my ribcage. In case you can't tell I am SO. DONE. We really want to have one more, but I'm not sure I can do this again. I just might be the most miserable pregnant woman on earth. Thank heavens I have great friends and a great ward taking care of me and my family!
No comments:
Post a Comment