I really didn't think I'd have a reason to blog again so soon, but as Melody and I were working on a project this morning I decided that pictures needed to be taken! I've got this really easy, really great go to gift for birthdays. It's a matching game made with 2.5x3.5 wooden cards I found at Hobby Lobby. I came across it in one of my blog hopping sessions. One of my favorite things about it is that the girls can do so much of it and I just finish it up.
*oh yeah we chopped 8 inches off of her hair too! I forgot to mention that :) She looks so grown up all of a sudden it's killing me!
They both worked together to pain them, then they helped me pick the shapes and paper for my handy dandy silhouette to cut out. After that was done Jared took Katie with him to fix a friends computer so Melody and I could finish up. She did so great! We worked together to mod podge the shapes on, then we did another coat on front and back. While they dried she helped me make the bag to put them in. I showed her how to iron the fabric and she was just giddy! After they finished drying Jared and I sanded the edges to make them round and smooth. We had a really good time together and I think the game turned out so fun! This is the third one we've made this month and I have some fun ideas for other types. Jared suggested doing one with pictures of the prophets, and I thought one with the articles of faith and their corresponding number would be a fun baptism gift. What ever the reason we'll for sure be making more of these!
No comments:
Post a Comment