Tuesday, December 23, 2008

THE DOG!!

So we got a dog almost three weeks ago, but I didn't post anything about her because I wasn't sure we were going to keep her. We were at Wal-mart one night doing some Christmas shopping and when we came back out to our car there was a truck parked next to us with a dog they were giving away. I took Mellie over to pet her, but the thought never entered my mind that we could take her. However Jared got 'that' look on his face. I have a hard time saying no to 'that' look, especially when he rarely uses it! So we brought pepper home and the fun began. She had had puppies two months before and then her people gave her away so she was depressed for a few days. She wouldn't eat, she wouldn't go to the bathroom when we took her out, she hated being left alone. We've started to figure her out though. We discovered that she can go from standing to jumping almost five feet in the air, she wants to be on top of Jared and I any time we may sit or lay down, and she's VERY patient with the kids. Melody, however, has to push her limits and is still learning how to be nice. She thinks playing with pepper is bouncing on her and dragging her around by her leash. The other night pepper had had enough and growled at her and wouldn't let her near. They both got whacked and we haven't had any problems since. :D This video is of the first night we had her home. The kids were both so funny!

1 comment:

Lexi said...

how cute, I love how Melody asked if she was okay. :P Oh and with the nativity, they were stickers printed out on a special kind of sticky clear paper. I just had to sand the hell out of the blocks after I painted them.