Saturday, January 24, 2009

Movie Time!

I know I've posted quite a few post about Katelynn, but she's just developing this little personality that is just so sweet! I'm really enjoying watching her learn and discover. She's always giving loves and trying to play with Melody or Pepper. She does alot of 'exploring' some might just call it getting into things, but I try to keep a positive spin on it! I'm always pulling her out of one room or another that she's not supposed to be in. Or if by chance I forget to put the gate up in the kitchen she's in there as fast as she can be pulling dishes out f the cabinets. She's a busy little thing! I was too busy being sick and pregnant when Melody was this age to enjoy it so I'm trying to make sure I enjoy Katie's baby-ness as long as I can!
Katie has always loved watching movies and cartoons, but lately she has developed a fondness for Word World. It's a cartoon on PBS that is the cutest! All the characters are made of the letters that spell their names, and when they build a word they sing and do a little dance. Katie starts jammin out on these parts!
One day we put HeMan on because that was what Melody wanted to watch, but Katie was terribly bored. When Mellie left the room, I pulled it out and switched it to Word World. Katie saw what I was doing and started clapping and dancing around the room! She's pretty funny about it!

2 comments:

Liz H said...

Pick a day - once a week and let her go through the kitchen cabinets with you. Within a month she will be your expert "put awayer" and you will not have to pick up so many "things" and put them back. That's the ideal anyway. It worked with my other kids, but Michael is proving to be a bit more stubborn.

Lexi said...

How cute. Sophie likes Word World too. Isnt it a silly little show?