Thursday, January 22, 2009

Let the sibling rivalry begin!

First of all let me apologize to those of you who got this post emailed incomplete, I hit the wrong button! :op

Now on to my story...

We were walking to the park yesterday and the kids were in the stroller. Melody had sunglasses on, but Katie won't leave them on so I left hers home. A few minutes after we leave the house Katie looks over at Mellie, reaches up and smacks the glasses so they fall off her face! Then she turns and looks forward again as if nothing has happened. Melody obviously has a conniption fit exclaiming loudly 'these are mine Katie!' and 'you just leave my glasses alone!' I help Mellie put the glasses back on give Katie her binky thinking it will keep her hands occupied, and we continue on.

Sure enough not even a minute goes by before she looks over and does it again! The funniest part is she looks forward and pretends nothing happened. So this time I make a show of telling Katie no, showing her the binky and her cup and telling her to leave Mellie alone. Mellie's finally appeased and sits back to enjoy the walk.

Apparently Katie thought it was fun to antagonize her sister because she does it again only this time she hits the glasses off, but she doesn't look forward again. This time she giggles at Melody and her fit that she's throwing. I couldn't believe it! I thought maybe she just wanted the glasses, but apparently she's starting to learn the fine art of revenge. :o)

1 comment:

Mrs N said...

omgosh that is so funny! I especially love that Katie looked forward again like nothing had happened. I am just counting the days until Mason figures out that he can defend himself against his big sister if he wants to...