What is it about two-year-olds that make them have to control everything!?! Melody recently started using the phrase, "I'm the boss!" on a daily basis. As irritating as it may be when she says that I realized that she's right. Not that I really allow it, I just don't get a choice in the matter. She can throw a tantrum that would bring the toughest drill sergeant to his knees! And it's usually over the silliest things! Such as what color popsicle she gets, how many crackers she has for snack, who gets what toy in the bath, what time she goes to bed...the list goes on and on! It seems like nothing is sacred in the battle for control and quite frankly I don't have the stamina she has so I give in more often than I should. I know that's the number one no-no in dealing with tantrums, but really some days I would give up a limb just to have a peaceful day! Katie is such a quiet mild mannered child. The only time she puts up a fight is when her peace is disturbed by Melody or Daddy. So where did I go wrong with Melody? This child is about 5 tantrums away from being sold to the zoo!
Doesn't she look sweet? Don't let her fool you! ;D
2 comments:
She is definitely Jared's evil spawn :P He was a pain in the butt with our mom when he was little. I'm bracing myself for Sophie to get older, lord knows she will give me grief just like Denny does.
hehehhehehe
It’s all about JUSTICE
'One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you.'
We as mothers, we don’t even have to hope. We know the time will come when we will just smile and think to ourselves... aha the time its here finally!
Mellie its just like Jared, there is no doubt in that.
Post a Comment