Today is Jared's 25th birthday and I'm sure I'll do another post later, but I had to post my pics of the cake I was just so proud! I've never even been able to get a cake out of the cake pan in one piece and with some help from a wonderful cousin (thanks Jasmine ;D) I not only got it out of the pan, but managed to frost it AND decorate it! I've always wanted to play with fondant I've just not really had the opportunity. So obviously two days before a move, when everything is packed and the house is a wreck was the perfect time!
This was the cake that gave me the idea. I wish I could say where I found it, but I couldn't find the site again. I figured it wouldn't be too hard if I just left the top plain. It seemed simple enough...until I started putting it together! t is crazy hard to cut fondant straight and get it to the cake in the same shape you cut it into.
I took pictures of every step because I was afraid I would mess it up and have no proof that it did look good at one point!
Here I figured out why the original cake was round! Putting those keys on straight was a bugger!
And here we see the finished product! The keys are crooked and different lengths, but I made it all by myself and that's enough for me! Maybe Melody's birthday cake will be better!

3 comments:
You did good! Cake decorating is so fun and so fustrating!
Tasha, be proud of yourself, you did a great job with Jared's cake.
very good job with the cake :D im sure jared loved it!
Post a Comment