Well it took two whole weeks of packing, two days of actually moving, and about six nights of going to bed at 3 a.m. but we are FINALLY moved in. When I say moved in I mean all of our stuff is in the house, most of it is still in boxes! Moving with two small children is unbelievably difficult! We got off to a great start Friday night, I moved all of the kitchen and unpacked most of it that night. I had such high hopes for Saturday. However it seemed to drag on...all...day...long! We had about six elders show up to help and that was great, especially since a couple of them were really tall! That really helped getting the heavy things over the funny turn in our stairs. The hardest part was the left over stuff that didn't really fit in any boxes. That 'amazing' jumper Grandma Taly bought the kids (thanks Taly!) was a trip all its own as it completely filled up the back seat. Stuff of that nature is what kept us there until about 3:30 Sunday morning. Needless to say we didn't make it to church that day. My kids watched two or three movies just so we could get some sort of rest. At least that parts done, now for the fun! Unpacking!
We down sized from a 3bd/3ba to a 2bd/2ba and lost about 400 sqft, but it actually seems like we have more room. Weird huh? The bedrooms are a lot bigger and the closets offer a lot of additional storage. We managed to get our bed, the desk, the piano, my hope chest and a dresser in our room and we still have room to spare. The kids room has yet to be conquered, but I can tell by how many boxes are stacked in there that they'll have plenty of room. One thing I really love, which I'm sure you'll all find bizarre, is that the kids closet has a really low hanging bar. I put all of Melody's clothes there and she can pick out what she wants to wear by herself. I think I love it so much because Melody got so excited when she was able to look through her clothes and find the one she wanted! It was funny to watch, she would look at a shirt and say, "Oh that's the monster shirt papa got me, but don't want that today. Oh look that's the shirt Cassie gave me, that's PERFECT!!' Then she proceeded to find her own shorts and shoes and get herself completely dressed. Now if we could just get potty trained we'd have one grown up little lady on our hands.
Katie's loving this new place because she's being offered a bit more freedom also. So far we haven't had to put the gate up on the stairs or the kitchen, but that may change. Today Katie was watching me load the dishwasher and after a few minutes I noticed that dishes were disappearing. Katie had been taking them out when I turned around to get another one and throwing them in the garbage! She got about eight dishes in there before I noticed what was going on. Then, after I chased her out of the kitchen, she started bringing me movies one by one. After she had brought 10 or 12 she decided I had enough and sat down to watch her toons. I then asked Melody to please put the movies back where they belonged. Once Katie saw what she was doing she had a FIT! She grabbed them out of Melody's hands and brought them back to me. Apparently I'm to carry them with me everywhere until she decides otherwise! Another of her new tricks is to pull the knob off the dishwasher and bring it to me, where ever I may be. It took her all of 10 minutes to figure out that she could do that. I guess I should just be glad that she brings it to me, otherwise we'd be out of luck!
Hopefully I can get the house together enough that I can take pictures in the next week, but don't get your hopes up!
2 comments:
Congrats on the move. At least you noticed Katie was throwing the dishes away. Sophie will throw everything away, randomly throughout the day. I don't even notice until I go to the kitchen and see a shoe in the trash. Silly kids
So where did you move too?
Post a Comment