Friday, July 9, 2010

Crazy few weeks!

My sister Cassie flew out to visit for two weeks right before Melody's birthday. Whew! It was nuts!! The kids and I usually divide our time between the pool, the park and hanging out at home. While Cassie was here Jared made arrangements for us to have the car everyday so we were dividing our time between movies, four different malls, the zoo, IKEA, swimming, several parks, getting our nails done, a whole lot of netflix, jewelry making, too much junk food and way too much money spent! It was a great two weeks lol! My dear little sister has never actually been outside the state of Utah so I took the opportunity to introduce her to Dallas lol! I think we did a pretty good job stuffing as much as possible into two short weeks. These are all pics I took off her camera, I'll do a separate post with our pics.

Warning! Picture overload! I hate blogger's slide show widget so I uploaded all the pictures. Individually. Then formatted them. All those who are learning to hate blogger raise your hand *raising hand*

Feeding the turtles and the fish at the park. Cassie was freaking out over the turtles. There's actually 4 or 5 more pictures of just turtles!

Random silliness, my family's good at pictures like that :)

Lovin' that super model look Katie has perfected lately! lol!


Much to my chagrin Melody has decided that she now does her own hair. She was showing Cassie jut how good she has gotten at putting in a hair clip lol!

Just Jared being Jared! Oh how we love that guy!

Melody got this camera from us for her birthday. It was glued to her hand right up until the batteries died. I'll upload some of her pics in the near future. They're pretty funny!

Cassie was so funny about the pool. They had closed our little pool by us so we went over to the main pool. She started taking pictures and texting them to friends lol! I think the words she used were 'I feel like I'm in a zoo' but they were said in a good way! Not sure, but ok, what ever you say!


Katie has some angry faces that keep us all very entertained!


I found these great paint smocks at IKEA for super cheap so obviously we needed to try them out! I'm a little anal and truly hate messes that can be avoided. I do realize I have little kids. I'm working on it. I didn't realize what Cassie was planning when I got out the paint. Maybe she didn't plan it, but nonetheless we were cleaning paint off of her for days! You should see the picture of her hands *sigh* YAY for aunts!


Cassie was really good about watching the kids so Jared and I could get out. When you don't live near family and you don't have much money to spare mom and dad don't get out by themselves much! While we were out Cassie introduced them to the wonderfullness of spongebob and rugrats via netflix! Again *sigh* I know I'm kinda lame, but I was hoping to keep them stirctly PBS until they were old enough to know better. YAY for aunts lol! While watching tv they whiled away the time doing each others hair. I loved it, but at the same time I hated it. They plop down in front of her and sit quietly while I have to deal with wailing and gnashing of teeth to get a stinkin pony tail! Cassie made me sigh a lot! Good thing I love her so much :)


Doesn't she look sublimely happy?


Yes this is the top of Cassie's head, and yes, it is covered in hair bows. They did it to Grandma too!


The kids were in love with all the sunglasses that Cassie brought, they had to take a turn modeling them. Even Dad...yeah I know!

We have a lot of critters here that aren't found too many places in Utah. We have a variety of squirrels, bunnies, geckos, frogs, snakes, scorpions, even coyotes and armadillos right here in our complex. Cassie and I were standing on the balcony watching the fireworks when she spotted this frog. Obviously picture worthy! Her reaction to all the critters was picture worthy!

I was so glad that Cassie got to come out for a while before she heads off for 'big girl' school, and we were all sad to see her go. However, I didn't realize until after she left how much I had come to like our quiet little life here! Thanks for that Cass! :*

No comments: