Friday, July 30, 2010

More birthday presents!

Aunt Whitney, who conveniently works at osh'kosh, always sends the best presents! This year was no exception, and since Cassie came out to visit so shipping wasn't a problem, I think she may have gone a little over board! 

These little dolls are magnetic and can I tell you that since they've had them I hear about 20 more minutes of sacrament each week! I dump them out on the floor and the kids lay under the bench and go to town. Usually they end up sharing with the kids in front or behind us as well!


She also sent a ton of jewelry and hair stuff. Upon receiving this amazing hair stuff Melody decided that she now knows how to do her own hair! It drives me crazy, but it's nice seeing her every morning totally ready to go without any help or direction from me. Since she usually makes it out of bed before I do so she just gets herself dressed, brushes her teeth, and now she does her hair before she comes to wake me up. This is something I'm very excited about as I'm getting her ready for kindergarten next year.

The girls also received very special hand carved boxes from their Abuelo, Jared's grandfather from Mexico. These aren't very good pictures, but I'm not very good at taking pictures so you'll have to bear with me. I'll have Jared take some that will do them justice. They're really beautiful! Melody already keeps only her very special treasures in there. I think the snail shell is in there even lol!



1 comment:

Lexi said...

dont you love the boxes?!?!? I saw him making the boxes for the girls and he's really amazing when he does it.